Can you believe it!!!…we posted our last Communique for announcements for NWSA Lake Michigan sails for the year. Weather wise we had a so-so year. Many sails were either cancelled, or reduced to less time out on the water due to rainy, foggy, too light wind, or too heavy wind conditions. Personally, my opportunities to sail were about one third to one half as much as usual, but on the other hand I had some real QUALITY TIME out there with NWSA club members, and that’s what matters the most!!!

Unfortunately, our Labor Day Weekend sail across the lake sail got cancelled due to a threatening weather forecast. Also, our cruise captain for the sail, Ed Morosky, is having some serious back problems. We hope you get better soon Ed!!!

Our last sail out of Chicago harbors is Saturday Sep­tember 8th out of Monroe for an evening sail. It should be splendid as September sails on Lake Michigan usually are. The water is warmer than any other time of year, and the city lights look spectacular!!!

Our last sail out of northern harbors is the Kenosha III sail on September 15th. George and Sally Andersson are the cruise captains and there is probably room for more if you haven’t signed up yet.

There are 3 more trailer sails for the year. The sail for the weekend of September 8 and 9 was originally planned to be up at Lake Mendota, but all boating on that lake is banned due to high water. The sail is now planned to be a one day sail at Lake Geneva for September 8th. There are also 2 more sails planned in October at Lake Geneva for the trailer sailors.

See you at the next club meeting September 17th, and…may you have fair winds and calm seas!!!!

—Mike Saavedra



Photo Gallery Archive

ICON Shutterfly50pxJoin NWSA Shutterfly account to upload your photos to share with family and friends.